This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] setup.exe build instructions outdated; build doesn't bootstrap cleanly
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:11:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] setup.exe build instructions outdated; build doesn't bootstrap cleanly
- References: <505143BE.email@example.com> <20120913032841.GB28550@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <5051562B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <50515C44.email@example.com> <20120913152608.GB7215@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sep 13 11:26, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:08:36PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> >On 09/12/2012 09:42 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> >> On 9/12/2012 9:28 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>> If you're going to do that you really should (re)learn how to submit a
> >>> proper patch. A patch uses "diff -u" format and contains a ChangeLog.
> >> It's been a decade since I last used "cvs diff". I forgot that it
> >> doesn't include -u, since svn diff does it by default.
> >cvs does it automatically if you supply your ~/.cvsrc with correct
> >contents... What I miss is that even with ~/.cvsrc, you still don't get
> >the automatic paging that 'git diff' gives by default.
> >Yes, cygwin is one of the last holdouts still using CVS, making it more
> >likely that you don't notice an incomplete ~/.cvsrc on new machines as
> >fast. I'd certainly welcome a conversion to git (and tolerate a
> >conversion to svn); especially since I know that newlib recently enabled
> >a git mirror. And there's ways of using git as your frontend to a CVS
> >(or svn) repository.
> I did spend a lot of time getting a standalone git repository ready for
> Cygwin a while ago. I didn't do anything with setup though.
> Since nothing really relies on cygwin-apps, I wouldn't mind moving it over
> to git as long as Corinna agrees.
Since everybody seem to like git more than CVS, go ahead.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com