This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RFE: Cygw32 GNU Emacs Port
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:37:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFE: Cygw32 GNU Emacs Port
- References: <5074DB3A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <5074E12D.email@example.com> <5074E899.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 08:16:41PM -0700, Daniel Colascione wrote:
>On 10/9/12 7:45 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>>1. This strikes me as going against the spirit of Cygwin, which tries
>>to emulate Linux. Why shouldn't users who want a GUI version of emacs
>>just use emacs-X11, as they would on Linux?
>If I wanted to emulate Linux, I'd run VirtualBox.
What you want is completely irrelevant. The project has goals and
guidelines. Ken was asking for some guidance given those factors. He
wasn't asking what you wanted since that was completely clear.
The "I'd run VirtualBox" is a tired and tedious argument and will
not sway anyone.