This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: get-cygwin-package - for anyone with upload privileges
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:57:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: get-cygwin-package - for anyone with upload privileges
- References: <20121017224600.GA18162@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <507F6580.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:12:16PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>On 10/17/2012 4:46 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I've hacked at the get-cygwin-package script
>I take it this script is run by hand when a human has decided to do
>something about an RFU message?
>If so, is there a plan or even a wish for getting to a point where a
>script can run on sourceware.org (?) and just monitor the list for RFU
>messages and handle them all automatically?
I've been thinking about this problem for many years. I have lots of
ideas on how to make this automatic. I have even partially implemented
a more robust version of this which relied on package maintainers
logging in via ssh into a chroot jail where packages are uploaded to a
staging area which ran upset on packages before copying them to the
final release area. I wasn't really satisified with it though, partly
because I thought it would be a maintenance headache and partly because
I was paranoid about security.
Someday, possibly, I'll complete something like that and make the whole
RFU thing obsolete.
In the meantime, this is only intended as a useful utility for people
who handle "RFU"s.