Re: sqlite3-3.7.15-1 test packages

On 11/21/2012 12:01, Achim Gratz wrote:

FWIW, I think Yaakov is more immediately concerned about the additional API:

  -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA\
  -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS_PARENTHESIS\
  -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS4

I've made some SQLite 3.7.15.1-1 packages, and put them up for testing:

  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/sqlite3/libsqlite3-devel-3.7.15.1-1.tar.bz2
  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/sqlite3/libsqlite3_0-3.7.15.1-1.tar.bz2
  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1-src.tar.bz2
  http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1.tar.bz2

These packages enable the requested build options.

*Plus*, they attempt to work around at least one of the problems that lead us to try building SQLite in Unix mode on Cygwin in the first place. Instead of a wholesale Unix mode switch, we only do temporary directory selection in a Unix way instead of asking Windows for a temporary directory, which is often not user-writeable when the user is not an admin. This certainly tries to address Daniel Colascione's reported problem, and may address Achim Gratz' original problem, too.

This required a fairly ugly hack to the SQLite code, so I'm not even going to consider posting an RFU message for these packages until I get some positive feedback from those affected.