Re: nuke cygwin legacy?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013, Christopher Faylor wrote:

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:41:36 -0500
Subject: nuke cygwin legacy?

Greetings, All,

Corinna +1'ed my suggestion that it was time to remove cygwin 1.5
support so I'm wondering if anyone has any objections to removing
1.5 from cygwin.com.

I was going to suggest this a few months ago and mention that the Cygwin
Time Machine was an alternative but it looks like that service is no
longer available.

That is incorrect. The Cygwin Time Machine is still up and actively collecting updates. I have been having internet connectivity issues as of late, but those (hopefully) should have (mostly) been resolved.
If you can't get to the Time Machine, wait a few minutes and try again.

So, as an alternative, we could advertise that the directory is going
away on the main web page for a month before nuking it.

cgf

-- --=> Peter A. Castro Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood