This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: 64 bit Cygwin is coming soon
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:20:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: 64 bit Cygwin is coming soon
- References: <20130306163233.GC9238@calimero.vinschen.de>
> Right now, this is only informational. I'd be glad if you're as happy
> as I am that 64 bit Cygwin is already working and hope you're willing to
> support this distro.
I am glad to see it. Big thanks to the Cygwin team for working to make it
I'll be glad to support 32- and 64-bit flavors of my packages, assuming
that they build correctly in 64 bits, and that there are clear and
reasonably simple instructions for maintainers on how to provide both sets
of packages. I don't know much about cross-compiling but can learn.
In my ideal world, I'd just set a global option in my ~/.cygport.conf, and
cygport would handle the rest for me, building 32- and 64-bit packages from
the same source and setup.hint.