This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:54:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522.GA3274@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
Am 17.03.2013 17:45, schrieb Christopher Faylor:
I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
impact package maintainers.
So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.
1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
your packages built by someone else?
There are probably other considerations that I haven't thought of. Any insights welcome.
I would appreciate the package to be buildable out-of-the-box,
preferably by simply using "make <whatever>" on the respective
architecture (as a default),
and maybe adjusting its name.
I would *not* appreciate being urged to move to cygport on this occasion
(not that it would not be useful but it has its drawbacks, in terms of
having to apprehend its usage and versioning tweaks first...).
Answering these questions myself:
(Do you want all responses to the list in this case?)