This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 13:33:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522.GA3274@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 3/17/2013 12:45 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
2) If no, would you be willing to install one?
3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
Yes. I've already started.
4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
it is time for you to stop offering the package?
6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
Only if I'm unavailable for some reason.
7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
your packages built by someone else?
If necessary, but that's unlikely.