Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin

On 2013-03-17 17:45, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I'd like to have a feel for how the 64-bit version of Cygwin will
> impact package maintainers.
>
> So, I'd appreciate some discussion about this.

1. yes, I have Win64
2. n/a
3. yes, I'm already done porting, I'm just waiting for optional
   dependencies to show up
4. no, I don't want to wait, Cygwin64 is faster, so I want it asap
5. no, one more arch is fine by me
6. no, I want to maintain my packages for Cygwin64
7. no, there's no need for a separate 64-bit maintainer

Re 3, I actually needed to patch the src package of that missing
optional dependency (aalib) to make it build, and was wondering if
*I* should offer it for 64-bit or if I should poke the maintainer
(hello Volker, I have a small patch for you), so yes, this
discussion is indeed needed...

Cheers,
Peter