This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:16:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522 dot GA3274 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5149BD2B dot 2040609 at gmail dot com>
2013/3/20 Dave Korn schrieb:
> On a related issue, I don't see anything related to cygwin64 in upstream
> GCC. How is 64-bit Cygwin currently being built? Are you using a mingw64
> compiler and controlling things like startup files and libs linked against in
> the command-line?
I will begin to push patches this week to gcc upstream. It is now
again in stage 1, and well, I would like to let settle down new
sourceware hardware a bit before posting.
You can find most important required patches at
The mingw-w64 compiler is required at some places for building
cygwin-base stuff (utils etc), but in general cygwin64-compiler is
> (Sorry for being so behind the times. I've got an ~20k backlog of emails
> between Cygwin, binutils and GCC.)