This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- From: Bob Heckel <bheckel at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:54:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin
- References: <20130317164522 dot GA3274 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Christopher Faylor
> 1) Do you have a 64-bit version of Windows available?
> 2) If no, would you be willing to install one?
> 3) Are you willing to download the current 64-bit Cygwin and start porting
> your stuff, knowing that there are still bugs?
Yes, time permitting
> 4) Or, would you rather wait for 64-bit to be completely stable before
> attempting anything?
> 5) Does the existence of two different architectures make you think that
> it is time for you to stop offering the package?
> 6) Would you be willing to have another person doing the 64-bit port for
Yes (especially if that person is Yaakov)
> 7) Are you ok with a 64-bit alpha release being made available which contains
> your packages built by someone else?