This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: 64 bit Cygwin is coming soon
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:17:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: 64 bit Cygwin is coming soon
- References: <20130306163233 dot GC9238 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAGiDFq0Q0eUofaKgnDmg379ifBS4_ynLN8b4kdyMt5VQeHn+0Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130321091253 dot GA17891 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mar 21 10:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 20 18:04, Bob Heckel wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > [old stuff]
> What's also missing so far is coreutils and mintty. Both packages are
> still in 64bit/install. I'm planning to create a new coreutils package
> for the 64bit/release area today, though.
> Here's how you can install 64 bit cygwin from 32 bit cygwin without the
> base-cygwin-toolchain package for now:
> - Download the release area. It's not that big yet, and it allows
> you to install all packages locally:
> mkdir /tmp/64bit-release
> cd /tmp/64bit-release
> rsync -av rsync://cygwin.com/ftp/cygwin/64bit/release/ .
> Additionally fetch coreutils and mintty:
> wget ftp://cygwin.com/cygwin/64bit/install/coreutils-8.15-1.x86_64.tar.xz
I just uploaded a coreutils package to the release area. It's based
on the latest coreutils-6.22. I did not apply Eric's patches from the
32 bit 6.15 release, because they didn't apply cleanly, and some of
them seem to be not necessary anymore. If you encounter problems
with this package, it's probably due to either case insensitivity
issues, or the fact that "/" and "//" are different on Cygwin.
Eric, any chance to grab my coreutils-6.22-1-src.tar.bz2 package and
see how your patches still are required?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com