This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PostgreSQL, getting it up
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:53:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: PostgreSQL, getting it up
- References: <CAC2FHtRTK1DnyNajP8FrrhXRQ5Tdm7symK8416_Zj-erd0xYeQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mar 22 20:39, d. henman wrote:
> Marco, thanks for the direction. ($ cygrunsrv.exe -S cygserver )
> I might have tried $ cygrunsrv -s server (without the cyg prefix)
> According to: /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql.README
> " cygrunsrv is not required anymore, pg_ctl has now the service
> functions included.
> cygserver must run as service, CYGWIN must contain server."
> That phrase "cygrunsrv is not required anymore" threw me off.
> So the above is wrong in that it is needed to start cygserver.
> And the environment variable CYGWIN needs to contain the text, "server" in it.
CYGWIN="server" is old and not needed anymore:
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com