This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 20:59:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit
- References: <20130419104532 dot GQ7395 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87ppxqbdu3 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130419185111 dot GA2953 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Strange that nobody did it so far.
If it's any consolation, no 64bit formats are supported, not just PE+.
Somebody's been rumoured to have worked (and then stopped working) on
x86_64 support, but I haven't found any traces of actual code yet.
> It should be rather trivial, actually. The only noticable difference
> between PE and PE+ are a few different values in some of the header
> fields and the slightly different layout of the IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER
OK, I'll tack it onto my todo list and see when I get to that. It would
really be nice if setup64.exe wouldn't be as large as it currently is.
> I don't know how upx works under the hood, but I assume you also need
> the unpacker code in 64 bit. If it's not written in assembler, the
> 32 bit code should more or less do the right thing already.
The initial unpacker stub is in assembler indeed, I haven't looked at it
in any detail. However, I expect it either just works as is or it's
over my head anyway.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: