This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:14:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit
- References: <20130419104532 dot GQ7395 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Am 19.04.2013 12:45, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
Is there any plan to distinguish 64 bit binary packages from 32 bit
binary packages by a naming scheme?
the 64 bit Cygwin seems to be quite stable now. We're still suffering
from a gcc problem which seems to affect C++ inline methods using
templates, so some C++ packages might not be buildable yet(*), but other
than that it looks pretty good.
I would like to ask those of you owning a 64 bit Windows machine to have
a look into the 64 bit distro and to try to build your packages. ...
That might be useful to avoid accidental confusion e.g. during upload.