This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[64bit] Problem with emacs and shared memory under X11
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 07:46:40 -0400
- Subject: [64bit] Problem with emacs and shared memory under X11
On 64bit Cygwin, if I try to run emacs under X11 while cygserver is
running, emacs fails to connect to the X server. The error message from
the X server is
BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter) on protocol request 131
1. Install the current version of emacs-X11 (24.3-4).
2. Start the (64bit) cygserver service.
3. Start the (64bit) X server, e.g., by typing "startxwin" in a Cygwin
4. In the resulting xterm, try to start emacs:
$ emacs-X11.exe -Q &
The result is that emacs displays the error message above and then aborts.
emacs-X11 works fine if the X server is started when cygserver is not