This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
old automake vs. cygwin64 [Was: Automake 1.9 bug: config.guess does not recognize Cygwin64]
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:05:27 -0400
- Subject: old automake vs. cygwin64 [Was: Automake 1.9 bug: config.guess does not recognize Cygwin64]
- References: <000901ce7d34$515242c0$f3f6c840$%fedin at samsung dot com>
On 7/10/2013 2:11 AM, Fedin Pavel wrote:
Hello! I've just stumbled accross a bug in Automake v1.9 package. I was
trying to regenerate files in a source tree which sets automake version to
1.9. 'automake -icf' has copied files, but config.guess bundled with this
version of automake appears to not know 64-bit Cygwin. Please fix.
I'm planning to respin all of the [64bit] automake-* packages. Should I
update the included config.guess/config.sub in each of them to the
latest version (which supports cygwin64), even for ancient automake like
If not, then should I update ANY of the config.guess/config.subs in the
non-latest automake? How "far back" should I propagate the latest
config.* -- 1.9? 1.8?