Re: [RFC] cygport: PKG_OBSOLETES

On 2013-07-23 14:39, Achim Gratz wrote:
Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
I wanted to get feedback from those using cygport regarding a possible
new feature: PKG_OBSOLETES.  This is best explained with an example,
so let's say I had the following:
[..]
The attached patch is what I'm working with at the moment.  Thoughts?

Looks good to me.  Could there be some provision to obsolete a package
residing in a different subtree?

You could still use PKG_OBSOLETES, but relocating or removing the obsoleted package would still have to be done by the uploader. The only way that could be automated is if subpackages were to be placed alongside their main packages instead of underneath them. While that may be worth considering when we get to the point of having a buildbot, it isn't in the scope of this patch.

Yaakov