This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport: automatically adding --srcdir to cygconf cmdline breaks build
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:13:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport: automatically adding --srcdir to cygconf cmdline breaks build
- References: <20130802143229 dot GH4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2013-08-02 09:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
The configury consists of a non-autoconf configure file in the toplevel
dir, which disallows to build outside the source tree. But I have to
use it to get a `all in one go' configure/make run.
This is explicitly mentioned in the cygconf section of the manual:
cygconf is intended for configure scripts generated by, or compatible with,
autoconf. Packages with handwritten configure scripts may not accept all
the flags used by cygconf, in which case a direct call to the configure
script is in order.
So change this:
to something like (depending on what options this configure actually
./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr || error "configure failed"