This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygport per-package PKG_EXCLUDE?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 21:26:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygport per-package PKG_EXCLUDE?
- References: <20130803180303 dot GC23060 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51FD56C4 dot 8070507 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Aug 3 20:15, David Stacey wrote:
> On 03/08/13 19:03, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >So I was wondering, if cygport couldn't implement some sort of per-package
> >PKG_EXCLUDE technique, analogue to the %exclude directive in rpm spec
> >files. For instance, consider a directory with lots of files, of which
> >only 2 or so shall be packaged separately.
> cygport already has the --exclude option that you can use when
> specifying package contents. For example, in poco.cygport I have
> poco_CONTENTS="--exclude=html usr/bin/*.exe usr/share"
> This means that the 'html' directory is excluded from the 'poco'
> package, and placed in 'libpoco-doc' instead.
> Is this what you were after, or do you need something a little cleverer?
Oh, wow, I didn't know this trick and I don't see this in the cygport
manual. Is that a tar --exclude? That should be sufficient, I just
have to play around with it a bit...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com