This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygport per-package PKG_EXCLUDE?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:36:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygport per-package PKG_EXCLUDE?
- References: <20130803180303 dot GC23060 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51FD56C4 dot 8070507 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
David Stacey writes:
> cygport already has the --exclude option that you can use when
> specifying package contents.
Not really a cygport option, but a side-effect of $pkg_contents getting
expanded into the command line of (GNU) tar which then interprets the
> For example, in poco.cygport I have this:
> poco_CONTENTS="--exclude=html usr/bin/*.exe usr/share"
> This means that the 'html' directory is excluded from the 'poco'
> package, and placed in 'libpoco-doc' instead.
> Is this what you were after, or do you need something a little cleverer?
The above gets the job done, but I'm not sure that it is "officially
sanctioned". But it shows that a pkg_EXCLUDE would be easily
implementable. A more clever implementation might be able to exclude
globbed files from a subpackage that have been explicitly packaged in
another subpackage, I'm just not sure it's worth the trouble.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation: