This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: some cygport packaging issues
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 08:22:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: some cygport packaging issues
- References: <520BE7A2 dot 2090801 at towo dot net> <20130815083607 dot GR4315 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <520F300A dot 7010502 at towo dot net>
On 8/17/2013 4:10 AM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 15.08.2013 10:36, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
and drop the DEPEND line. The deps will be autogenerated anyway.
Amazing, I wonder, how this works reliably (even with packages that do
not use auto-stuff).
If cygport would still consider DEPEND=libncursesw-devel, it could
generate "requires: libncursesw10" rather than "requires: libncurses10"
and setup.hint file could remain the same for 32bit/64bit.
Also, I'd prefer to keep DEPEND=gettext-devel because (as I had reported
earlier) without gettext cygport fails (and hangs).
You're confusing DEPEND and REQUIRES. The first is for *build*
dependencies. It's the second that you want here. Whatever you put in
REQUIRES gets added to the automatically generated "requires:".