Re: [ITA] bsflite: Minimalist console AIM client

    >> > Btw., any chance for a 64 bit xemacs as well?
    >>
    >> Actually, I don't even have a 32bit version for cygwin 1.7 yet. The
    >> subprocess support is somehow broken in 32bit 1.7 and 64bit.

    > I don't understand.  You don't have a 32 bit version of Cygwin 1.7 and
    > "subprocess support" is broken?  What do you mean with "subprocess
    > support"?

Xemacs in the 32bit distro is the one which has been compiled when
cygwin 1.5 was current (years ago). When trying to build it under the
latest releases (32/64bit) the resulting executable is not able to call
subprocesses. For example starting a shell with

M-x shell

results in a hang.

    > Thanks,
    > Corinna