Re: libevent-2.0.21

On 04/10/13 15:15, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 06:46:12AM +0100, David Stacey wrote:
On 04/10/13 06:05, Chris Olin wrote:
  Bear with me, as this is my first time doing this and every archived
  intent email seems to have it's own format. Any advice is appreciated.

  category: Libs
  sdesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
  function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
  timeout has been reached."
  ldesc: "The libevent API provides a mechanism to execute a callback
  function when a specific event occurs on a file descriptor or after a
  timeout has been reached. Furthermore, libevent also support callbacks
  due to signals or regular timeouts. libevent is meant to replace the
  event loop found in event driven network servers. An application just
  needs to call event_dispatch() and then add or remove events
  dynamically without having to change the event loop. "
  requires: ncurses-devel

  http://libevent.org
If you're offering to maintain a package then thank you.
Ditto but there is at least one more hoop to jump through before the
package is even accepted into the distribution.  You have to show that
it is available in major Linux releases first.

I checked before replying - I should have included the links; sorry. Both libevent and tmux are present in several major distros:
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=libevent
http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=tmux

I forgot to check Cygwin Ports though - libevent is already packaged there, so Yaakov will be able in making this available in Cygwin.
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/x86/release/libevent/
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/x86_64/release/libevent/

Dave.