The upload system is live (Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware)

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 04:22:37PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I think I now have a system set up which will allow maintainers to
>upload their own packages to sourceware.  This system means that package
>maintainers won't have to find a public web server to make their
>packages available for the cygwin release.  Every package maintainer
>will be able to upload their own stuff.  General login access to
>sourceware will no longer be required to update the cygwin release.

This system is now live.  Anyone who sent in their ssh key should be
able to access sourceware via lftp/sftp.  Make sure that you use
the user "cygwin" with no password and that you are using the same
ssh key as the one that you specified previously.

Also, please create a !mail file at the top level of your area with the
email address where any upset errors should be sent.

Remember also that you need to create a !ready file somewhere above the
directory holding the packages that you want to end up in the release.
So, if you have uploaded x86 and x86_64 packages put the !ready at the
"root" level.  If you have uploaded x86 and are working on x86_64 you
can put the !ready in the x86 directory and then put another !ready in
the x86_64 directory when you're done.  Putting the !ready directly in
the package directory should work too.

Packages won't be moved unless upset thinks everything is ok.  If there
is something broken and your have an email address in the !email file
then you should get email telling you what's wrong.  You'll get the
email even if the problem isn't your fault so don't panic.

Refer to: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-10/msg00117.html for more
detail about what's going on.  Note that the sftp command used there should
be something like:

lftp -u cygwin, sftp://cygwin.com/

I dropped the .com in the original example.

Please send any problem reports here.

cgf