Re: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)

Hi Shaddy,

On Nov  7 00:20, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> Hi,
> On Nov 06 22:16, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> >On Nov 04 22:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>any news?
> >

> >I still want to implement and test excluding enforced elevation as a
> >default on XP, as I am sure it will be a nuisance. But I'll publish
> >that as a separate patch in a couple of hours from now (I expect it
> >should be a straightforward application of the code snippet you
> >suggested).
> Please find the patch with this check as
> setup-sans-admin-november-optional-seq2.patch.gz.
> I also have enhanced a log file message as
> setup-sans-admin-november-optional-seq3.patch.gz.

Looks fine to me.  When you're ready to go, please send the complete
patch in cleartext (not compressed) with a ChangeLog entry.  I will
give it a try and apply soon, so we can finally get rid of this problem.

Red Hat