Re: two questions about new upload method

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 12:48:14PM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:

>> > Thanks.  The packages are out now.
>>
>> I see unison2.45 but not the others.
>
>Hm, you're right.  Not sure why, since I am listed as maintainer of
>unison2.27, unison2.32, unison2.40 at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint.
>And they're all listed in !packages in my upload directory.
>
>I just recreated !ready again.  In my upload directory I see that
>x86_64/release/unison/unison2.45 has been cleared out, but the uploaded
>files for unison2.27, unison2.32, and unison2.40 are still waiting there.

I just put a '!ready' file in the unison directory and everything was
transferred.

You need at least one !ready file per architecture so if you put a !ready
at your top level it won't work as expected.

From: https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

  Note: !ready files need to be created at least once for each
  architecture that is uploaded, i.e., in each of the x86 and x86_64
  directories or in the package directories themselves.

  upset will periodically scan the upload directories for packages that
  are ready, and, if there are no errors, move the packages into the real
  release area.  New directories in the release area will be created as
  needed.  If there are errors then setup.ini will not be updated and the
  release area will remain pristine.

  Note: The upload area is only for new files intended for the Cygwin
  release.  There is no reason to put older files in the upload
  directories since they already exist in the main release.

cgf