cygport: texlive postinstall scripts

Yaakov,

Occasionally there are changes to TeX Live that require postinstall steps that should be done before any texlive-collection-* postinstall scripts are run. See [1] below for an example. Since I have no control over which postinstall script is run first, I propose the following:

1. texlive-collection-basic creates a directory /etc/texmf/postinstall that contains any scripts that should be run before the regular texlive-collection-* postinstall scripts. texlive-collection-basic also creates a script /etc/texmf/run_postinstall with the following contents:

#! /bin/bash
for f in /etc/texmf/postinstall/*.sh
do
    /bin/bash.exe --norc --noprofile /etc/texmf/postinstall/${f}
    mv /etc/texmf/postinstall/${f} /etc/texmf/postinstall/${f}.done
done

2. Every texlive-collection-* postinstall script begins by calling /etc/texmf/run_postinstall.

Does this seem reasonable? If so, step 2 would require a trivial patch to cygport (attached).

Ken

[1] TeX Live 2014 will introduce seven new formats, resulting in the following lines being added to the default fmtutil.cnf (in /usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c):

#! lollipop pdftex - -translate-file=cp227.tcx *lollipop.ini
#! lualollipop luatex - lualollipop.ini
#! xelollipop xetex - -etex xelollipop.ini
#! dvilollipop pdftex - -translate-file=cp227.tcx *lollipop.ini
#! dvilualollipop luatex - -translate-file=cp227.tcx lualollipop.ini
#! luajitlatex luajittex language.dat,language.dat.lua lualatex.ini
#! luajittex luajittex language.def,language.dat.lua luatex.ini

For new TeX Live installations, there's no problem. But for users upgrading an existing installation, these lines should be added to /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf. And this needs to happen before any texlive-collection-* postinstall scripts try to enable any of these formats. So I would like to put a script in /etc/texmf/postinstall that adds these lines if they're not already there.

In this particular case I could easily handle the problem by modifying a small number of postinstall scripts. But such ad hoc changes would proliferate over the years, and it would get tedious to keep track of them.