Re: [ITP] chicken-4.9.0.1

Hi All!

Based on the feedback of Marco and Corinna, I propose the following
cygport file for the chicken upgrade:

# package name
NAME="chicken"
VERSION=4.9.0.1
RELEASE=1

# setup.hint generation
CATEGORY="interpreters"
SUMMARY="A practical and portable scheme system."
DESCRIPTION="A practical and portable scheme system.
CHICKEN is a compiler for the Scheme programming language. CHICKEN
produces portable and efficient C, supports almost all of the R5RS
Scheme language standard, and includes many enhancements and
extensions."

REQUIRES="make gcc-core gcc-g++"

# source and patch files
SRC_URI="http://code.call-cc.org/releases/${PV}/${P}.tar.gz";

AR=$(arch)
if [ $AR = "i686" ]
then
   MAKEOPTS="PREFIX=/usr PLATFORM=cygwin ARCH=x86"
elif [ $AR = "x86_64" ]
then
   MAKEOPTS="PREFIX=/usr PLATFORM=cygwin ARCH=x86-64 HACKED_APPLY="
else
   ECHO "Unknown Architecture"
fi

src_compile() {
	lndirs
        cd ${B}
        cygmake
}

src_install() {
	cd ${B}
	cyginstall
}

src_test() {
        cd ${B}
        cygmake -i check
}

Marco has provided me with logs from a 64bit build and those look fine.
There might be a minor nitpick that I don't know how to get to work:

I need to update an internal database of available chicken modules.
However due to the internal design, I need to call this either so
that PREFIX equals DESTDIR during make install or the *installed*
binary after unpacking the cygwin package tarball. Is there an
infrastructure for such things?

The last resort would be to tell the user to do it...

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.