Re: [ITA] _autorebase

On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 18:16 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 17 18:01, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > In fact if we do that, I'd like to require either new releases for the
> > packages using /etc/rebase/dynpath.d or alternatively that they get an
> > additional package that drops just this file (if a full release _now_
> > would be too much work) and the requisite change to setup.hint to have a
> > dependency added so that this new package gets pulled in.
>
> That should be fine, given the rather short list of affected maintainers:
>
>   octave   Marco Atzeri
>   perl     Reini Urban/Achim Gratz ?!?
>   php      Yaakov Selkowitz
>   python   Jason Tishler/Yaakov Selkowitz
>   R        Marco Atzeri
>   ruby     Yaakov Selkowitz

Some of these -- php and python at least -- do not have separate 'site'
and 'vendor' extension directories, so adding a directory entry for
these would pick up DLLs that are already registered with setup's
database.  How would you avoid duplicates (and hence wasted imagebase
space) in this case?

Yaakov