Re: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro

Hi Ken,

On Jan 29 15:25, Ken Brown wrote:
On 1/23/2015 8:48 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
My guess is correct.  lisp.exe uses bit 31 (counting from the LSB) as a marker
during garbage collection, and this is incompatible with Cygwin's use of high
memory for the heap.  I think I know how to fix this (by defining
LINUX_NOEXEC_HEAPCODES in the Cygwin build), but I haven't finished testing it yet.

I've now built clisp-2.48 with this change (32-bit only), and I've tested it
as well as I can, given that I'm not a clisp user.  The build passes all but
a handful of about 12,000 tests, so I think it's probably OK.  (None of the
test failures involved crashes.)

Sounds great to me (not being a clisp user myself).

I'm attaching the patches that I applied (on top of Reini's patches) in
order to make the build succeed.  I also had to use libdb4.5 instead of
libdb4.8.

Is that ok?  I mean, shouldn't a package always try to use the latest
version?  What's the problem you're observing ?  Maybe Volker can help
here?

The clisp-2.48 code uses some macros and structures that are defined in the db4.5 headers but have changed or disappeared in db4.8. I'll see if I can figure out how to update the code for db4.8.

Ken