This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:16:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: perl-5.14.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87iofh8l54 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54D295C4 dot 7040702 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <87a90t8h0o dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54D3AF14 dot 40809 at x-ray dot at>
Reini Urban writes:
>> I expect them to be compatible, but I haven't tested that assumption yet.
> You need to keep the useint* and usemymalloc settings from 5.14.2, then
> it should be ok.
I'll check again but I don't think these have been altered for 5.14.4.
> For the new 5.22 one you need to disable usemymalloc and remove the
> "_0"/".0" suffix in
> the dll and archname directory name to provide seemless upgrades to
> 5.22.1 and 5.22.2
I'll get to that later, but I expect that eercise to be roughly the same
as what we have to do now? Or has the build system changed that much?
> later, to fix the .0 bugs. Typically a .0 perl release is of very poor
I'll only put the .0 out for testing, the first non-test release will
likely be .1 -- but let's see what happens. In any case this is why I
wanted to have a solid 5.14.4 base in case it takes a while for things
to get in order.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack: