This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:17:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: ffcall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E4DEC2 dot 2060400 at cornell dot edu> <1424287689 dot 3460 dot 19 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 2/18/2015 2:28 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 13:49 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
I've been trying to adopt Reini's packages that have not yet been ported to
64-bit Cygwin and that have some connection to packages I already maintain. The
next one on my list is ffcall.
I'm guessing this is for clisp?
Right. It might be possible to build a rudimentary version of clisp on x86_64
without ffcall, but I don't know yet.
Unfortunately, the source has a lot of assembler code in it, so I will almost
certainly need help from someone well versed in x86_64 assembly language. And
the libffcall project appears to be dead upstream, so I'm not going to get help
Unless you can find a patch somewhere for Win64 support.
Not that I've been able to find.
I have no idea how hard this will be. The code has been ported to x86_64 Linux,
so there's at least a starting point.
Only to a point, there are significant differences: