This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:50:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1423628064 dot 1704 dot 53 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87mw4lgcn1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 02/11/2015 07:56 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Of the orphaned packages, as said in another thread, I'd make rakudo
> and parrot obsolete. I can maybe resurrect them after the Perl update
> if there's still interest in those or maybe a new maintainer shows
yes, please. parrot is now dead upstream, and rakudo needs
now moarvm and jvm dependencies. The planned stable rakudo release
is Dec 2015, so there's enough time to get a maintainer.
They work mostly on windows.