This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 20:44:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1423628064 dot 1704 dot 53 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <87mw4lgcn1 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54E5CE1B dot 1030709 at x-ray dot at>
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 12:50 +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
> On 02/11/2015 07:56 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Of the orphaned packages, as said in another thread, I'd make rakudo
> > and parrot obsolete. I can maybe resurrect them after the Perl update
> > if there's still interest in those or maybe a new maintainer shows
> > up.
> yes, please. parrot is now dead upstream, and rakudo needs
> now moarvm and jvm dependencies. The planned stable rakudo release
> is Dec 2015, so there's enough time to get a maintainer.
> They work mostly on windows.
I have removed parrot, rakudo, and rakudo-star from the distribution.