Re: Question about clisp version naming

On 17/03/2015 22:40, Ken Brown wrote:
Yes.  But that makes me wonder if I made things too complicated and
could have avoided building lisp.dll.  The native Windows build of clisp
creates a lisp.def file, containing the symbols of lisp.exe, and it just
adds "lisp.def" to the gcc command line when building the modules.  But
that didn't work on Cygwin; the linker complained that it didn't know
what lisp.def was, and it tried to interpret it as a linker script.  Is
there a way to make this approach work?

I seem to recall that you can't have any comments at the start of the module definition file for ld to recognize it as one.