This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Perl update to 5.22.0
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 10:49:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Perl update to 5.22.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87vbd0p2c7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <1438370769 dot 17364 dot 21 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On 7/31/2015 9:26 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 21:13 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
Mark O'Keefe hasn't responded so far. If anybody complains about amanda
not working, Marco has offered to rebuild the package on his behalf
since amanda makes copious use of XS modules.
AFAICS we can consider amanda ORPHANED.
I suggest to ORPHANED and later remove it.
If someone complain I have the new version ready,
but in general I don't see a big potential usage
for a sophisticated backup system on cygwin.
And no one except O'Keefe mentioned it in the last years,
at least in our mailing lists.