This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Attn Maintainer] git git-svn
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 20:17:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Attn Maintainer] git git-svn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mvyh1j19 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55B6A2E4 dot 8030707 at dinwoodie dot org> <87pp3c6dlv dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150730010121 dot GO14466 at dinwoodie dot org> <87vbd1h1qb dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55BCD544 dot 9080800 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <55BCE53F dot 6080200 at dinwoodie dot org>
Adam Dinwoodie writes:
>> I think git-svn should and used to depend on subversion-perl, but
>> this seems to have gone missing, somehow.
> How very odd! That was one of the automatically generated
> dependencies, so presumably the dependency generation has just gone a
> bit sideways, probably because of the Perl version change.
I don't think so, that package hasn't been renamed or anything like
that. As long as the installed.db and the *.lst.gz files are OK, it
should find these. Here's what I get from "cygport git pkg":
>>> git requires: bash libcurl4 libexpat1 libgcc1 libiconv2 libintl8 libopenssl100 libpcre1 perl perl-Error perl-TermReadKey perl_base python zlib0 cygutils less openssh rsync
>>> gitk requires: bash tcl-tk git font-adobe-dpi75
>>> gitweb requires: bash perl-Plack perl_base ruby git lighttpd
>>> git-completion requires: bash bash-completion git
>>> git-cvs requires: git perl perl-DBI perl_base cvsps perl-DBD-SQLite
>>> git-email requires: git perl perl-Error perl-IO-Socket-SSL perl_base
>>> git-gui requires: bash tcl-tk git gitk
>>> git-svn requires: git perl perl-YAML perl_base subversion-perl
> I'm expecting to be away for most of the weekend, so I'll try and
> rebuild early next week; hopefully once all the other Perl-related
> packages have stabilised, it'll pick up the dependency automatically
> again, but if not, I'll just add it manually.
> (In theory I could go digging into how Cygport works out such
> dependencies, but it's all black magic to me so I'm just going to take
> the lazy option for now.)
Basically it looks for executable and scripts and determines which
packages these belong to by looking at the package list files. For Perl
scripts in particular it then tries to find out which modules are used
and then which package these belong to.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack: