This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:03:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87r3nsw0nb dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150729125127 dot GA8328 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87y4hv0zwv dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
I've just found out that MD5 checksums get parsed OK, but wind up as
solid zeros in the package database in setup. I have no idea how this
is even possible, since the exact same code works just fine for SHA512
checksums. I didn't check yet if this actually works in the release
version of setup. An extra pair of eyeballs would be appreciated. I
don't see how my changes could be responsible and I was sure I'd checked
it beforeâ :-(
Also, I want to clean up the parser code a bit and fix a very old
formatting bug found while debugging the problem with the MD5 checksums.
Another thing: it seems that the SHA512 digest is checked for existence
by checking that the first byte is non-zero. Is that actually a
guarantee that the SHA2 standard makes or is it just very unlikely to
encounter 0x00 as the first byte?
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: