This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Adding a subpackage
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 21:37:31 +0100
- Subject: Adding a subpackage
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've discovered a neat Git tool -- git subtree -- which is part of Git's
"contrib" directory and isn't something we currently distribute as part
of any of the existing Git-related packages.
I'd like to start adding this to the stack of Git packages I build and
distribute. I don't think the build stage is going to be difficult, but
what (if anything) do I need to do to get git-subtree as a package
that's in setup.ini? Is it just a case of uploading the new package and
setup.hint, or do I need to do some additional magic?