This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl-Win32-GUI package doesn't appear in latest cygwin.
- From: Javier Martin <jmartincano at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:34:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: perl-Win32-GUI package doesn't appear in latest cygwin.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAM6QgXHRyT+LwP3sn77Wwi+5+Thht3930xhUjDo2SBffR7AN6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <87a8tpptsa dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
First of all thanks a lot for your answers. After reading this I
have a couple of questions:
- Is this going to be fixed and this package will be included again in
the near future ?
- Is is possible to install previous versions where this package was
included ?, how can I get this ? What is your suggestion about
applications that depend on particular cygwin versions/packages ?.
This is important because changes/problems like these ones can make
applications fail at a moment in time.
Thanks again and regards.
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Javier Martin writes:
>> I have an application that is using perl-Win32-GUI and I have
>> just checked that this package cannot be installed with latest
>> setup-x86.exe and it doesn't appear in the list. Can you help me with
>> this ?, is it maybe automatically included in any other package I have
>> to install ?.
> No, this package simply doesn't build, on both architectures and all
> version from 1.06 to 1.12. There's some missing rules in makefiles and
> when you're past that you're getting compile errors someplace else.
> I've not followed it down that rabbit hole any further.
> +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
> Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: