This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 06:25:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: upset, genini: different version ordering
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87380i671e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <874mjw8mz7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <55D5BC0C dot 1000300 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 12:37 +0100, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> The idea that we need different way of sorting version strings for
> different packages seems really strange.
> Does any other distro have something like this? How do linux distros
> handle the special version number sorting requirements that perl
> apparently has?
On Fedora, some Perl packages add extra dots to the package version so
that they sort as expected, e.g.:
0.23 => 0.23
0.2301 => 0.23.01
0.24 => 0.24