Re: network installation problems (again)

Thomas Wolff wrote:
Hi,
I am again having problems to install cygwin on a network drive. It's in the same network I had similar problems before:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2009-11/msg00034.html
which were then resolved after a while.
The client machines are now new, running Windows 7. Domain server is the old one. My description log of actions and popup errors is attached below. There was no way to install on the network. I could install to the C: drive and move that over to the network where it would then run.

Happy new year, y'all!

You shouldn't try to install Cygwin on a network share and execute it locally. That's like installing and running Linux on a Samba share.

If you want to use a single Cygwin distro on all computers in your network, you should install it on the target host, including the openssh daemon. Then on the client machines, you use Putty to log on to the host.

Daniel