Re: Neko package

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the review!

> there is a double
>
> As libneko2 dependency is already catch by cyport you don't need to
> explicitly declare it.

I've removed the explicit libneko2 from neko_REQUIRES.

> We usually prefer to have at least a minimal manual, like debian
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/neko/filelist
>
> /usr/share/man/man1/neko.1.gz
> /usr/share/man/man1/nekoc.1.gz
> /usr/share/man/man1/nekoml.1.gz
> /usr/share/man/man1/nekotools.1.gz
>
> specially as the programs are not following standard expectation
>
> $ ./neko --help
> Uncaught exception - load.c(181) : Module not found : --help
>
> From this point of view, it seems a lack of Neko in general.

Yes, it is quite funny that the Neko VM doesn't even support --help...
Anyway, I've just created some manpages that are based on the Debian
ones, which are somewhat outdated.
I will update the manpages in the Debian package next time I update
it. (I'm the maintainer of the Debian package)

> Any reason to not build debuginfo and skipping strip ?

It is mainly because "nekoc", "nekoml", and "nekotools" are built in a
special way, using "nekotools boot <file.n>".
The way it works is to copy "neko.exe" and appends it with the
"file.n" Neko bytecode.
If the output file is stripped, the appended  bytecode will be removed.
I myself consider it a bad way of producing executables, and for the
next version of Neko, those exe will be built "properly", such that
they can be stripped.
For more info, see https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/neko/issues/130

Let me know if there is any remaining issue.

Best regards,
Andy