Re: [Attention Maintainer] man-db

On 7/19/2017 1:53 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Achim Gratz writes:
This package currently has a perpetual postinstall script to keep the
database indexed, but doesn't provide for a way to create the initial
database during install.

This is done deliberately, because the creation of the initial database can be very time consuming. See the release announcement:

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-10/msg00037.html

FWIW, I agree with Yaakov's decision here. I think many (most?) users would be very annoyed if they had to wait for mandb to finish its initial run. And I suspect the Cygwin list would be flooded with complaints that setup is hanging.

Ken