Re: Repost: Patch, Version 2: UNIX-like permissions on objects

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
[...]
> I found the problem, it's really mysterious! Under strange circumstances,
> the WinNT function `EqualSid()' smashes, if it has to compare with the
> world sid (UID 0 `Everyone'). I have solved this by patching my code to the
> following behaviour:
>
>       Extract the UID from every SID and compare the resulting int's.
>
> This works on my stand alone workstation, but I need feedback:
>
>       Is this an adequate proceeding in NT domains?
[...]

And the second problem:

> The solution is, to set special flags in the ACE_HEADER struct:
>
> 	ace->Header.AceFlags |= OBJECT_INHERIT_ACE | CONTAINER_INHERIT_ACE;
>
> This results in the same file permissions as the directory
> permissions itself.  This is the expected behaviour, IMHO.

I have your original patch applied.  The resulting cygwin1.dll builds
but doesn't run close to correctly on my NT 4 SP4 machine as expected.
Please send me the patch that gets around the two above problems in
the way you suggest and I'll try it out...

Chris, DJ, any comments/opinions on how we should proceed?

Thanks,

--
Geoffrey Noer		Email: noer@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions