binmode + termios + OCRNL + ICRNL

Ok.  I've been taking some time to clean up my termios/console patches
that have been sitting in my queue for a few months now.

One of the points that need clarification is how the various ways of
setting the CRLF translation will be handled.  Devices which use termios
already sort of have a mechanism for dealing with LF -> CRLF translation
and I'm wondering if it will add anything to mix the CYGWIN=binmode or
O_TEXT/O_BINARY stuff into the pot.

The only reason that I can think of for making console, serial, and tty
honor binmode is for consistency's sake.  But you know what they say
about a foolish consistency...

--
cgf@cygnus.com
http://www.cygnus.com/