Re: gdb "attach" and sharing thread info between processes

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 05:36:57PM +0400, Egor Duda wrote:
>I'm   also  planning  to  make  a  patch  to winsup, which would allow
>to  handle exceptions  by  starting  debugger.  i  think  it  would be
>acceptable  substitution  for  core  files  functionality. What do you
>think about usefulness of such patch?

It sounds like a good idea as long as it doesn't add too much bloat to the
DLL.

It should also be possible to write "core files" that are actually
readable by gdb.  You just have to decide on a format, get the DLL to dump
using that format, and teach gdb about the format.  Simple.  :-)

cgf