Re: Text version of Windows error messages in small_printf consid ered harmful

"Parker, Ron" <rdparker@butlermfg.org> writes:

> I am hoping to kill this thread.
>
> I don't like the extended error messages for the same reasons others have
> given.
>
> Also forcing the output to English as recommended by Mumit won't work.  On
> localized versions of Windows, English text is not guaranteed to be present.

I quite agree. Thanks for pointing out the localization issue.

> However, I also agree that I hate looking up error codes. So, I've attached
> the source for a small program that looks many of them up for you.

Perhaps we should add this code (I haven't looked at it, but it's safe to
assume it does essentially what my own little test code does) to the cygwin
distrib in some form?

Regards,
Mumit