MAKE_MODE default to UNIX?

Does anyone think that it would be a bad idea to make make make the
default "unix" mode rather than "msdos" mode?

I've done an internal query and most Cygnusites agree that this is a
good idea.  There was one concern that it (obviously) breaks backwards
compatibility but I think that the number of people who will benefit
from the change outweigh the number of people who will be
inconvenienced.

So, please get your vote in now.